Tannoy Legacy Eaton with Primaluna EVO 300 Integrated

Hej

Looking for a new amp for my Tannoy Eatons and have been looking at Primaluna.

Does anyone have this combo?

simna

The Eatons are a little harder to drive at 89 dB, but I hope it will be enough with 40 watts to get the best of them. My room is quite small 17 square meters (182 square feet) and I don't play at party levels.

I have some quads of EL34, KT88 and 6550 since I had a Line Magnetic a few years ago. Had some issues with it and wasn't that happy with the sound either.

'The Eatons are a little harder to drive at 89 dB, but I hope it will be enough with 40 watts to get the best of them."

The PL will be fine. The Eatons aren't harder to drive-87-89dB rating is average for most of the market and the PL is capable for typical listening.

Longtime PL user here.

Tannoy Eaton Loudspeaker (each) – Upscale Audio

I am currently driving mt Tannoy Sterlings with a Line Magnetic 211ai which delivers 35wpc in ultrilinear mode. Seems plenty drive in my living room area. 

I agree that the PL will be fine regarding power output.

My problem with the 211ai is the high sensitivity and too much gain. Which Line Magnetic amp did you own?

@tablejockey 

OK. Sounds fine.

@mesch 

I had a LM 34IA. Problems with cold solderings and the balance between left and right.
Thought it sounded...meh...

I'm also looking at Cary SLI-80HS. I like the option to bias the tubes myself. But I don't know anything about the sound and quality. 
Any thoughts?

I have a PL EVO 300 integrated running into a pair of Tannoy Cheviots.  I've been very happy with the combo.  I don't have any desire to upgrade that element of my system.