Active Speakers Better? No, per Michael Borresen

The best sounding speaker I have had the pleasure to hear is made by Borresen.

I recently spent time with Michael Borresen in Seattle at a show. It was slow so

I was able to speak with him for a time. I asked him if he plans an active speaker. 

His answer was a definitive and immediate "No". He said separates sound better.

His statement flies in the face of what passes in most audio corners as commonly recognized facts. 

Sadly I am too technically challenged to convey any of his further explanation.

I invite all intelligent commentary on this question. Theoretical or not.

128x128jeffseight

Active speakers not as good ,for the quality of the amplifier is night and day better with separates of good quality , I am not saying digital amps are all bad but n a speaker you are never getting their best efforts. The speaker cables too need to be of good quality ,any worthy Audiophile would already know this.

So a Klispch Hersey lV speaker isn’t a full range speaker because it only goes down to 48hz?

I wouldn't listen to anything that paradigm has to say their best speakers are very bright and edgy with that beryllium mid-range and tweeter definitely not high-end audiophile quality speakers. and extremely overpriced.

So a Klispch Hersey lV speaker isn’t a full range speaker because it only goes down to 48hz?

Well, I have Heresy IIIs and they are much better with a sub...so yes. My personal minimum is 36 Hz but don't ask how I came up with that.

If you want full range the JBL M2:

Frequency Response (±3 dB) 

20 Hz - 40 kH