The Beatles Revolver

Just read where Giles Martin is using  AI-powered audio separation technology to remix Revolver. From what I read he can take the mono tracks and separate all the instruments and vocals on the 4 track tape the were recorded on and then I guess remix them in 24 track or whatever he wants. Is this good? I love The Beatles and no matter how much better it my sound it not the same. They had what they had in 1966. And George Martin did wonders with 4 tracks. Where does this reissuing of classic albums stop. Is Revolver remixed in multi tracks still Revolver?

128x128lenmc2964

Why not if it improves and balances the soundstage in stereo? It is still the original information. Revolver, my favourite Beatles album and I’m really looking forward to receive my copy 😃

My final thought is yes I’m sure this may sound better. But  in the car world this would be called a Resto Mod. There’s a market and it will sell so it has to be done I guess. But I just have to say Is Nothing Sacred Anymore.

I gotta tell you that I don't think I've put any Beatles record on the turntable in this century. The same goes for cueing a Beatles tune up on a streaming site. But, yeah, I do occasionally get out the acoustic guitar and play/sing a Beatles tune.

I grew up with the Beatles. I bought the original 45's of songs like "I Want to Hold Your Hand"  back in the early 60's, still have them. As such I think I didn't realize how revolutionary and extremely talented they really were until recently when I watched the "Get Back" series. Since that I've listened to more Beatles than I had in the past 40 years along with solo work by all of them (except Ringo who despite being  the perfect drummer for the Beatles, was not as creative as the rest)

So my take..Hearing the new mixes with improved fidelity is a treat..  "Abbey Road" in Atmos especially on the DVD is stunning. A Revelation. A completely new and wonderful experience. I also have and enjoy the rest of the remixes. 

According to this there will be also be an Atmos mix of Revolver ..I'm sure I''ll get it too

https://www.thebeatles.com/announcing-revolver-special-editions-0