Turntable suggestions for a shaky wooden floor

I'm using a Rega RP1 and had a significant rumble with even the softest volumes.  I used a cutting board with Sorbothane hemispheric feet and now can listen to music at a pleasant listening level.  

I'd like to step up to a nicer turntable but I've heard some are much better with rumble than others.  I would like to spend $750-1500 for the TT and cartridge.

So far I'm thinking of getting a Technics SL-1200MK7.  Any suggestions on something better or more stable?

Thanks for your time

Stan 

brighamdoc

I have a listening room suspended over a two car garage and had quite a time getting vibrations under control. What I did was this:

1. Very heavy Timber Nation 4 Shelf Maple rack with spikes at every shelf support...

2. Iso-Pucks under all equipment.

3. 9 large 4" thick bass traps..two corner and 7 wall

The isolation table suggested above is a good suggestion. I would not buy a new turntable and cartridge unless you were going to spend a good bit more...and my suggestions above would cost many times what you want to spend on a turntable..so isolation table and Iso-Pucks where needed are the way to go, or relocate your listening space.  Also, people use wall mounted turntables to overcome this sort of issue.

I hate to mention this, but for the best "bang for the buck" used digital is probably the way to go. I say this because I had to spend four times the amount on my analog gear to get it to sound better than my digital equipment.

mount it on the wall   use brackets or secure your shelfl....your issue will be gone

Thank you for the great suggestions. All your advice sounds great. I’m definitely going to get a Delos block. The room has a forty foot ceiling that slopes down so hanging things is not an option. I don’t even have ladder that would reach. It’s really a horrible room for listening but it’s the best I can do.

I do need to get another turntable however. My daughter, who has a larger vinyl collection than me, needs a new table.  Hers gave up the ghost, so I "have" to get one.

vonhelholtz I can’t agree with you more on the digital front. I have a Bluesound Vault 2i with all my CDs on it and I stream Tidal with it through a Schiit DAC. But - I really enjoy the aesthetics and ritual of spinning vinyl. Who doesn’t love listening to crackle, pops and distortion? I even use a tube amp so...

+1 for stringreen's suggestion. I had a skipping problem, even though the TT was sitting on a massive rack. Wall mounting solved all of that.