Fraud /SCAM

I recently bought an item with Audiogon. I bought the item on 10/06/2022 and the seller gave me a fake UPS tracking # 1Z62Y7Y80356214061. I believe the tracking number is fake because the item I bought weigh about 17.3 pounds and the item he sent was only 1.7 pounds.

He also entered the UPS tracking number via Paypal instead of entering the tracking information from Audiogon. His tracking information is showing that it was sent from Mesa, AZ but from his Audiogon listing, it is showing that he is from Atlanta, GA

I never receive my order but his fake ups tracking number is showing it was delivered 10/07/2022. I even checked my front door and found nothing. I did use Paypal and will create a dispute against this seller tomorrow. The seller is new to Audiogon.

Below is the Audiogon listing of the item I bought:

systemdecor

I use paypal shipping.  So the paypal issue is a non-issue.

17 lb sounds much more likely for an oppo player than 1.7 lbs.

My guess is UPS misdelivered it.

Sure you should be wondering if they seller is a fraud but posting it conclusively is way out of line.  

Seller should contact ups.

Another reason not to sell on audiogon.

Jerry

I have an item advertised on AA and Audio Circle.  Get an email from someone who just signed up for AA and wants to buy.  I asked him if he had any other social media presence and he said no but why does it matter.  He pretty pissed off when i wasn't interested.  Then a week later another email from someone else asking that i text photos of the item to his phone.  No way they are on the website.  didnt even respond.  And this was for an item under $100.00

The seller account is now suspended by Audiogon.

I received my money back from Paypal.

Just make sure you use Paypal to buy items online.