Upgrade path question. Upgrade analog or turn to digital?

I am running a full analog rig and my beloved cartridge needs service soon (6 months about) so I am wondering if I should sell the analog rig (tt+phono+lps) and rather buy digital source. I am planning to upgrade it later if I am not going digital. 

I am satisfied playing lps, I do it when I can focus on music, but sometimes it`s tempting to have the same quality, just a button away. I can afford either the digital or the analog upgrade and I don`t have the space for both. I am thinking about two scenarios. 

A,
Change the diamond in the Ikeda, rewire the tonearm, change the bearing, add a DS Audio ION-001, max out the VPI Classic 1. It`s sittin on a Shun Mook maple board and heavy sandbox right now, looking for a serious platform north 2000 dollars used or that money goes to the phono upgrade.
Upgrade the phono later, what I save on the digital goes here. I am hoping for a used Aries Cerat, but would be happy with other OTL solutions.

B,
I sell the analog rig and going digital. I was thinking about to buy a streamer north 5K used and either a ESOTERIC D-02X, Aries Cerat Kassandra II, or similar. 

I am planning to upgrade the integrated amp either way, the room treatment almost done.

Or a C version,

Gryphon Diablo 120 with DAC and call it a day.

128x128korakotta

@4krowme 

i read what you typed, but i am sorry, i am not getting your point

maybe it is just me...

Depends how many records you own and whether you enjoy them. I see no reason not to buy a decent streamer/DAC for under $2k and add it as a source to your primary analog system. Just power if off for critical LP listening.

“why choose, have both! streaming is wonderful... truly the world of music at one’s fingertips, all for less than the cost of 1 lp or cd per month”
+1, @jjss49

@korakotta 
You’re are unlikely to receive a sane advise from hard core vinyl hoarders. If collecting records is your thing, I understand; I still buy CD’s and Vinyl but selectively like those one off ultra pressings. For everything else, streaming has far exceeded my expectations and it has open doors to unlimited music. A well put together streaming system can be just as satisfying as any Vinyl / CD playback system.

Buy a high quality streamer / DAC and sign up with Qobuz. Look into offerings from Bricasti, Grimm Audio, Lumin or Aurender. Sit back and enjoy!

@4krowme I've finally finished my streaming setup, far superior to my vinyl which is not half bad, so now in process of upgrading my vinyl setup. Both can be entirely satisfying, only financial considerations should impact going with both or limiting oneself to either of the two.

By the way, not sure what you meant by comment of having to pay monthly fee for music, but I could make good case its practically criminal the small amount they charge us for these services!

jjss49,

First off, I appreciate the way that you respectfully raise this question, so thanks. 

I must explain myself better here. Since a long time ago, I have observed how we pay for more and more in services that were not supported by subscription in the past. I do understand however, that it is a choice and not forced so much as it may seem.

To be sure, I am a very rare individual these days. That is not so much a compliment as another observation. For example, to this day, I have never owned any kind of cell phone. When I look at how the world population has accepted what I would call the 'Vegas of communication', I have chosen not to participate unless I find an actual need. Even my computer and skills with it are pretty limited because, again, it is all that I require.

I am not going to grandstand here. This is just my personal choice. I am the same guy who didn't see the big deal about 'touch tone phones' as opposed to dial when they came out.

Maybe this sorts things out a bit?