Accuphase E380

I am currently retired in southern Thailand. I’m am in the process of building a system for my home here. Not much hi end selection around. I live about an hour north of the Malaysian border so no auditions unless I fly to Bangkok or Singapore. I’ve heard good things about Accuphase. I’m looking for recommendations as I’ve never heard one. The route I want to go is bookshelf’s with a sub or two. Previously I’ve had Mcintosh, Krell and anthem. As far as speakers I’m used to B&W, Paradigm and Revel. How has your experience been? Clarity? Neutral? Warm? I don’t have any specs on the room; it has not been built yet  but I’m thinking around 20x40ft high ceiling and it will be treated  

Thanks. Discopete. 

128x128discopete

“But I am a metal/deadhead from the west coast. I do like loud. Upwards of 92 to 95 db.”

Given your propensity for ear deafening listening levels, I don’t think Tannoy or Accuphase would be a wise choice! 

@lalitk  what are your thoughts? I’m going to see Guns and Roses next month in Bangkok. So I will have a day or two to audition some gear. I’m just not real familiar with the products here as opposed to the US. I’m scaling down and the wife has to be happy too! Also i am not used to 220/240 power. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

+1 @lalitk

suggest klipsh cornwall forte or heresy powered by schiit vidar, naim or even the kinki exm1, run of mill class ab amp with decent build and good sound

@discopete

Given the limited availability, I recommend lining up audition with dealers in Bangkok. You should hear few systems and decide which system or a component floats your boat. I would steer clear of boutique brands, a reputed well established dealer should afford you a wide range of brands from Europe, US and Japan. If you’re downsizing, Integrated from Gryphon ~ Diablo 300 comes to mind.

or take a short trip, hit the adelphi in singapore - a dozen high end retailers there under the one roof... have some chili crab after!