Focal Sopra No 3 vs Goldenear Triton One.R

Can you even compare these two speakers?  I need a nice smooth sounding speaker that plays loud and had great bass.  Something tells me the Goldenear would be a better fit for me?  What about the Focal 1038be? 

Thanks.

seanile31

1038 owner, love them, but make sure you have an amp that can drive them, they need juice.

I have owned the GE Triton Reference and thought it was an excellent speaker for the price.  I have also owned the Sopra 2 and can say it is, IMHO, way more speaker than the Triton.  It's also twice the price.  Kind of a "you get what you pay for" thing?  If it's bass you're looking for I would suggest buying the best speaker you can find and add a quality sub to make up any bass you feel is missing.  

Must have been a typo of the Sopra's sold in a few hours.  The search continues.  Triton one.r with tube amp for 5k or ?  The Focal 1038be are about $5200 in addition to whatever amp I would need.

I’ve heard the Triton ones and they were a lot of fun to demo.  I can’t speak about the Focal 3 series.

All the best.