ETHERNET CABLES

When using ethernet for hooking up streaming devices and dacs, what cat level of  ethernet cable should be used. Is there any sonic improvement by going to a  higher dollar cat 7 or 8 cable?

128x128samgar2

@antigrunge2 bull 💩 it is! 
as a side note…76 and sunny here in Jersey and looks like a perfect opportunity to take work outside, have a coffee and a nice cigar and just have a good laugh at all this ASR infiltration of a’gon

And that’s exactly what I’m planning on doing right after I hit that green button here

@audphile1 I’m in north Jersey too and it’s a truly beautiful day here. Perfect time to go outside and take a break from the ASR crowd. Go get a great Neapolitan pizza tonight and a great bagel tomorrow morning, which doesn’t exist outta the NYC area. Heh heh.

No good pizza joints in northern jersey. They all suck compared to what I’m used to living in Brooklyn for years. Eating jersey pizza is like listening to my system with a cheap yellow ethernet cable which I’d rather not. Lol 

I lurk on these forums for years, hardly ever posting but I attribute most of my hifi spending and knowledge to them. I feel compelled to relate that I changed the generic ethernet cable between my router to my Bluesound Node for a Blue Jeans Cable Bonded Pair Cat 6 Ethernet Cable that was recommended on the 1st page of this thread and I immediately heard a difference. Listening to Dominique Fils-Aimé, Birds, with the new ethernet cable installed, the background in between the notes and vocals became virtually silent (in my setup). The air in the recording was more apparent. I was amazed and I would have never thought to change this cable if not for this forum/thread. I've spent way more than the $21.40 this cable cost for less of an audible difference. So thank you. 

@vicolindo Glad to hear you gave it a try, and to your ears, heard a difference...and for such a small price (right?!). I too always learn from these forums.