Which Transport or CD Player?

Looking for a great CD playback solution and considering:

1. Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 T

2. Jay's Audio CDT2-MK3

Other options: Denon Anniversary Edition DCD-A110 or Marantz SA-KI RUBY CD Player.  These each have a DAC so could be a plus or minus...another DAC to play with but a compromised transport.  I currently have a Border Patrol SEi dac but not married to it.  

Anyone compare these?  Looking for recommendations.  Thanks

mdonda

Yes I bought the cdt2mk3...did I do a shoot between the two players,?...no ,wasn't any reason to do one..the project is junk..did you read what I wrote?he's on his 3rd unit as r he first he was sent had issues...sorry you can visually see without plugging them in which is the better unit.

@mdonda 

Well, welcome to open format forum discussions. As is typical you are exposed to differences of opinion and experiences which is a good thing. My situation is the polar opposite of the previous posted experience. Precisely why I recommended that you audition and listen for yourself. There will never be universal agreement regarding any audio product no matter what it is.

I stand by my comments of the RS2T providing superb sound quality and trouble free usage. It has been described as junk by another poster. So, two conflicting views. It's been fantastic for me. Open discussions are good.

Charles

@mdonda 

For anyone to have done a side by side comparison, who was not a reviewer like Terry London, you would have to put down just short of $6000 and then hope you got a working ProJect unit to make the comparison.  In light of the multiple quality control issues reported with the RS2 why would anyone do that.  After waiting for over four months for an ordered unit and being finally told by them and multiple other dealers that they had no idea when ProJect would deliver I gave up.  Based on reports on the units that did show up at several dealers in the months that followed I'm glad I did cancel and move on.  The Jay's unit is much better built and sounds great.  The people who keep defending the ProJect unit bought early on when units were available initially and not after the demand went up and QC went down.  

I’ve clearly stated on this and other threads that both products are worth pursuing. I don’t have to denigrate Jay’s Audio products in order to support Pro-Ject products. I’ve no doubt that owners are very pleased with their Jay’s Audio CD transports and I congratulate them.

I can only report my actual ownership experience with the Pro-Ject RS2T and it has been splendid! They have had QC issues and no denying that. It seems that high demand for the units may very well be the catalyst. It appears this has been recognized and being addressed. It is certainly a fixable problem.

I am certainly not the only happy RS2T owner, there are many. In terms of its quality and performance in my audio system, the results are genuinely marvelous. One of the better audio component purchases I’ve made.

if someone is really interested in finding out for themselves I would suggest buying from a vendor who offers an audition period and return policy. Pro and con debating can go on and on. The best solution is to hear and judge for yourself. That’s my take, superb sound quality and contentment.

Charles

I'm not sure you said you hadn't heard or seen the Jay's but I've seen and heard both..A few things for me that made buying the Jays a no brainer..Forgetting the quality control issues or trying to forget the pro-ject documented build issues which is a major major deal..the Jay's is basically  a grand cheaper...not sure project does but I got a nice discount from USA distributor..a grands is a grand....I hate the lid opening on the project..to me it just comes accross as junk and rack installation has yi be considered but that's just me..slide the Jay's transport open and you will know exactly what I'm saying..the project has a seperare power supply which looks cheaper and yes its upgradable but more money more money ...the project comes in at 6 lbs,lol..the Jay's is 35 lbs..it's like Oppo compared to Esoteric,like a brick build as they say...Jay's as far as I know makes 3 products...project no clue on the numbers but they dabble in a lot of stuff....I don't know my friends but for me it wasn't even close....