What do you do when you inherit some gear that you don’t want.

I have purchased and sold on here in the past.  But now I have inherited some gear that my father purchased but unfortunately never was able to hear assembled.  Please keep in mind that all the gear I list is still in unopened factory sealed boxes.  1 pair paradigm persona 3’s carbon black,with grills, 2 kef  KF92 subs, 2 each Parasound A23+ amps in black, Parasound A6 preamp, black, along w straightwire bi amp cabling..  i am favorable to keeping the Parasound and kef subs, I feel that the Parasound gear is quality neutral to me.  The paradigm persona 3’s are a different story.  I have paradigm founder 80f’s powered by a Arcam SR2500 with 2 sunfire subs rebuilt by Flannery.  The Dirac and sub crossover on the Arcam works well, at least for me but that’s enough paradigm for me in my life.  I don’t think I will like the beryllium tweeters in the persona 3’s and neither will my dogs, 45k?  I would like to keep the Parasound gear and kef subs, I have no interest in the speakers I would rather have a pair of Vandersteen trea CT’s or Totem acoustics to use the Parasound and kef subs with, any reasonable opinion is welcomed.  Also, if I were to sell the persona’s how do you ensure safe shipping to the buyer and determine the shipping the cost?  I’ve never shipped something of this size nor value,

amps

As retired as the Farmer.

After pairs of Studio 100's versions 1 and 2, in home auditioning S8's and a dealer audition with all ARC amplification of 9F's.

Get relaxed, sit back, close your eyes and listen to your glistening tweeter then the wafting of the midrange and the fullness of bass as each is doing its job. Like you can almost reach out and touch each driver. That's Paradigm.

I can't do that anymore because I can't tell which driver is doing what until I actually put my ear to within just a few inches of each driver. Thank you eye doh lon's. 

I buy and sell a fair bit. My advice:

Use Fed Ex ground as a shipper. Buy the extra insurance.

Ask FED Ex when you drop the parcel if they think the 

packaging is adequate or if further protection is recommended.

Bring the boxes in unsealed for their inspection. Otherwise your

extra value coverage may be denied if there was a claim.

The Paradigm 3s need to be palletized. They are at higher risk

of damage.  Arkansas Best Freight is used by Tekton and Klipsch.

Call them for a quote. $300 is a guess.

I have witnessed UPS roll boxes marked fragile end over end across 

the ground to the truck.

Last week I bought something from Portland, OR. coming to me in PHX.

USPS sent it to me via Newark, NJ.  Took a week.

Don't use dirty clothes inside the box to cushion the

merchandise as this guy did. Spiderman PJ bottoms

and gym sox. Smelled like a college dorm. That was a round trip 

back to the seller. 

What you keep and sell is your business. Personally

I like the Founders line sound better than the Persona.

RE The Music Room- Their cash offer will be around 30 cents on the MSRP dollar.

I had that experience last week on new pair of ATC speakers.

Buying from them is a better deal than selling. 

You could consign it to them but why? 

Use USAudioMart only. HiFi Shark sweeps most of the

major sites so paying for Agon is unnecessary. 

Your NIB goods will go for about 70% of MSRP.

Keep the Cables.

You can try for more if you are not in a hurry.

Easy-Peasy!

m o f o j o, are you kidding the paradigm persona are so bright and edgy it’s not even funny, that beryllium Tweeter and midrange is awful one of the worst speakers I’ve ever listened to they’re terrible definitely not worth the money that they’re asking.

Personally where I live I rely on UPS rather than FedEx as locally the FedEx delivery personnel are independent contractors the majority of whom don’t even follow simple basic procedures such as backing into a delivery location which is standard fleet safety protocol. Secondly their delivery dates are a big if. You hang around your house for a day to sign for a package and you get a delivery delay. I had a couple of packages that for 3 days running there were delivery delays and none of it was weather related.