Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

Finally this:

You have a degree in electrical engineering field and that is awesome. Kudos to you. But neural sciences and the other fields doing research are not your forte. You seem to portray on your site that measurements are the end-all. I disagree on that with you.

I managed the signal processing group at Microsoft which relies hugely on psychoacoustics.  I know what I need to know about perception of audio.  No knowledge of "neural science" is needed, nor do any of you have any.

As to ASR, it is clear you have not spent much time there.  We have a ton of luminaries there in audio discussing every aspect of audio. It is not just me.  

So disagree all you want.  But don't mischaracterize me or the forum.

@dducat 

"My favorite is that Amir only needed one speaker to test and supposedly in his anechoic chamber."

All speakers in the industry are measured one at a time. No way you want to put two in there and have them create interference.  If you did, you would not know the response of either one.

You are repeating an argument you don't understand.  So let me help you. The argument is why I use a single speaker to *listen to* NOT measure.  Measurements are always done with one speaker.  Ask any speaker company and they will tell you the same thing.

On the topic of listening to just one speaker, it is what science says is best.  It may not make intuitive sense to you but that is why you want to follow science.  Not your lay intuition.  I have a video on this topic as well:

Testing one speaker also sharply reduces shipping costs and lets me test more of them.  Science is good for us sometimes!  Try it.  :)

If you get sick, you can go to a doctor...

Just wanted to mention a Doctor of Medicine is an Arts degree, not a science degree.  

This is not adult banter @nonoise , this is an out and out attempted character assassination. It is not done in jest.

Make that very thin skinned.

All the best,
Nonoise

Medical Doctor is not an arts or science degree, it is a medical degree. In almost all jurisdictions in the world, the Faculty of Medicine will be fully independent from other Faculties. The general consensus in the medical community is that M.D. is an applied science degree. Due to the highly competitive nature, many doctors today also have a PhD in some aspect of medical science. The strongest links between medical faculties and other faculties is of course science.