Bookshelf speakers that renders 3D soundstage

Recently I am on a quest to find a pair of bookshelf speakers under $2k that will render 3D soundstage.  The soundstage does not need to be much wider than the speakers that are approximately 7-8 ft apart but, within the soundstage, I am particularly looking for the decent depth, focus image and pinpoint instrument/vocal separation.  The other sound trait I am particularly looking for is the nimble, agile bass that could go down to around 45 Hz -3dB.  The pairing amplification is going to be Parasound A23.  If you have experienced / auditioned that, please let me know.

lanx0003

OP said under $2K,... not sure the Focals can be had for that but if so, hard yes! The best I've found are ProAc, Tablette. There are many incarnations under $2K maybe even a gently used set of Tablette 10. The search stops here, literally throw a spooky-real 3D soundstage. Just my opinion.

+1 Goldenear BRX.

The first time I've ever heard 3D sound was from a Goldenear Triton speakers.  Reviews also reflect 3D imaging as one of Goldenear's strong suits, and the many very positive BRX reviews also confirm "great 3D imaging".  Also, they have better low bass than most other bookshelf speakers.  Check out the many positive online reviews.

Thank you and several others for recommending BRX which, to be honest, was under my radar but was hesitated to pull the trigger due to the following reasons.  It is a quite interesting design speaker.  Similar to Evo 4.2, it uses AMT and hence remitting quite detailed high frequency.  It has two passive radiators on sides for extending the low end of woofer response from 75 hz (-3dB) down to approximately 43 hz (-3dB) in an anechoic setting according to Stereophile's measurements.  It is quite a bit work done by the passive radiators, which demands high efficient amp power to do the trick.  The reviewers find the bass is quite weighted / nimble if the amp pushes the woofer well, which would otherwise be the opposite if the amp power is inadequate. 

The other major concern I have, as pointed by one reviewer I trust, is the midrange is a bit edgy.  Unlike Evo 4.2, BRX is a two-way speaker which does not have a midrange driver.  The reviewer finds the midrange is not as smooth due possibly to the steep transition from high frequency range handled by AMT done to low end woofer response.  On the other hand, the Evo4.2 handles the midrange quite well which I like very much.

I agree with @tomcarr 

I've been at it since 1968. The most dramatic change I encountered in the areas that you are looking for occurred when I built a room that is in part dedicated to listening.