Looking for advice

I’m looking at adding a streamer, Dac, and possibly a transport to utilize with an older integrated - Krell 400xi. I’m looking at starting with the bluesound node and a Cambridge audio transport. My speakers are Totem model 1 Signatures, with a Rel B1 sub. When I have more cash, looking to upgrade and get the Chord Qutest dac. Is this a good use of $$’s or am I better off getting a used Naim Uniti Atom and go with one box, plus a transport or eventually the Unitcore?

dgplo17

Look at the Rose rs150 or rose rs250 if you can. It has an internal DAC and you can load Music on an internal SSD {you have to buy what you want) or use a USB stick. It comes with many streaming stations all over the world. I think it is worth looking at and you can get an idea of what it is about on youtube.

I have no problem with your approach to streaming given your plan for future upgrades. Given you are looking for a transport I assume you listen to CDs.  One question,  what DAC would you be using for the transport?

If I go the separate route, I would be looking at the Chord qutest or a combo DAC/streamer and than when I have more dollars, upgrade the DAC. If I go one box solution, I would buy a used Uniti Atom.