Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

@quiet 

That's why transistor amplifiers have been trying to emulate the tube sound since day one. 

@quiet ,

Large audio manufacturers are not trying to make the best products. They are trying to make the best products at a given cost target.

Exactly what I wanted to tell you. Everyone on ASR shops at Walmart. Nothing wrong with that. But if some of us here want to shop at a boutique or specialized store, please don't tell us that Walmart is good enough. I probably can go to Nordstorm, but will avoid Saks, maybe because it is beyond my pay grade. Nothing to be ashamed about that. But at least don't say that the grapes are sour.

@kota1 ,

Point noted. I saw that too and hinted on the previous post.

@quiet why would I have any test equipment?

I am not the unqualified person doing online audio reviews. 

Hey Amir is calling you home. 🦑 

For a guy who goes by the handle, quiet, he can talk the leg off a chair. 

He owns the best test equipment money can buy.

Was that after it was pointed out some time ago that the test equipment he used (at the time) was no where near the cost of the one John Atkinson uses or any of the ones at the time that cost way more than this?

All the best,
Nonoise

" I expect you know nothing about the failure rates of almost any audio equipment."

So the "quiet one" seems to think a 39% failure rate is acceptable for the PA5 amp. Wow.Of course John Yang only appears when he can criticise another company's products.