One turntable with two arms, or two turntables with one each - which would you prefer?

Which would you prefer, if budget allowed: one turntable with two tonearms or two turntables with one each? What would your decision criteria be?

And the corollary: one phono preamp with multiple inputs or two phono preamps?

Assume a fixed budget, but for the purposes of this question, the budget is up to the responder. Admittedly for this type of setup, there will be a sizeable investment once all components of the chain are factored in.

I'm curious to hear how people would decide for themselves the answer to this question. Or maybe you've already made this decision - what do you like about your decision or what would you differently next time?

Cheers.

dullgrin

"With a suspended deck its really not possible to run two arms on it."

Actually it is.  Many of us run two arms on

our Michell Gyro and Orbe SE's...

"Very difficult to work with,"

I find Panzerholz very easy to work with.

Sharp tools and lower Rpms. It machines

very well. Its not hard to work with but it is

hard on bits and blades due to the resins

thus the need for lower rpm and less agressive

use of tools to prevent the resins from burning 

onto the blades or bits used.

It would be great to hear the thoughts of users of Densified Wood or Panzerholz, especially to be informed where they feel the merits of adopting the material has been detected.

I will start by inferring there is strong suggestion being determined that an improvement is produced, resulting from how transferred energies are managed, where a notable difference for the better, is undoubtedly detected.

In all experiences I have had of Panzerholz in use, there is a noticeable reduction of a distortion/coloration being presented through the speaker. 

I have two tables set up at the moment and a couple more that...well anyway.  One of mine is stereo and the other is mono, which if you have room for it and the need is the most convenient option IMHO.  Two arms on one TT is awkward for me to use because the arm along the back is difficult for me to reach/use/cue.   That is me.  I use one phono stage with two inputs and two SUTs.  Part of that is just due to practical considerations of space and money.  To the issue of need, as a jazz collector, at least in my case, a lot of my records are mono.  I mono cartridge definitely outperforms a switch on the preamp and having a mono rig hooked up and ready to go at all times is a life saver as fas as I am concerned.

I've been looking at the Acoustand tonearm pods, which would let me add a second arm to one or both my SME Model 10 tables. I have a spare SME M10 arm, and could get an M2-9 for a fourth arm. My phono amp supports up to five inputs. I know, it's crazy, but just imagine having four cartridges on the go at once! Talk about spoiled for choice.

The way I'm going to do it is keep my current 1200GR for 78's and a newer, higher-end table for everyday listening.