New Marantz SA11S2?

Can someone please describe the new Marantz SA11S2 sound for me? In general terms, is it smooth, detailed, dynamic, soft, transparent, slightly veiled, impactful bass, slightly rounded bass, great treble extension or slightly rolled? Warm robust midrange, lean mids, fairly neutral to dry?

Thank you
rc5al
Saxo - Could you share with us specifically what you determined to be similar between the SA112 and the Pearl, and what you liked better about the Pearl?
4musica, the SA112 and the Pearl sound like they were made by the same designer, because they have a similar sonic characteristic. The soundstages are close enough that you do not hear a big difference in how things are spread across the stage.

The treble range in both are extended, but don't have that piercing, laser like, dry sound like the Benchmark I had a long time ago. But, the Pearl makes high piercing massed brass (like trumpets w/trombones, w/saxophones) ensembles sound more as a massed group, and easier on the ears. It's hard to explain. Since I have ribbons, I hear all these details and extra brightness that recordings have. They are more pleasant to listen to. But this probably depends on your system.

The Pearl has something in the midrange that is very intoxicating. Although voices sound good on both units, in the Pearl a voice sounds more like all of the voice is coming out in one piece (?). Again this is hard to describe.

There seemed to be a bit more bass on the SA112, but it was confusing, because at times it seemed the Pearl bass was easier to follow, at other times not.

The headphone jack is really nice to have on the Pearl, and it sounds better than other headphone jacks I have found on equipment.
Saxo, thanks for the quick reply. I agree with you that differences in systems can reveal some things more or less, and make some aspects of the recording more or less tolerable. I continue to be amazed by the quality of Marantz gear for the $ spent.
The Pearl and the SA11 S2 are very close, the Sa11 2 I think is at least as good, I could easily live with either player.
after owning a arc cd3 mkll and a meridian go8,,my vote goes to the 11s2 which i now own,,,ater break in a good 3-400 hrs the sacd is superb,cd is excellent much detail smooth sound u can listen for hours with no fatigue,,this is a keeper ,,mated with a sm11s1 amp sc11s1 preamp