suggestion for replacing Totem Arro

I have been very happy with a pair of Totem Arro speakers for my living room setup, but a recent addition to the family is making placement a bit more complicated and has us a bit concerned about our baby knocking them over.

I'm looking for suggestions on a speaker that might replace these. I think I'd be better off with a monitor/bookshelf speaker and something that is relatively flexible in its placement (literally on a shelf perhaps, or if not, placed somewhat close to the wall). I really love the Arro's imaging and sound quality and I know I'm not likely to find something exactly like them, but would love some suggestions on speakers that might be as enjoyable to listen to for someone who likes the Arro.

For reference, my source is usually vinyl on a Music Hall MMF5 though an all class A amp/preamp (Forte pre and monarchy sm-70 amp). so something that does well with that. I'd also be interested in suggestions for monitor/sub combos in lieu of a straight pair of speakers. i'd like to keep around or under the price range of the Arro.
128x128pablodeocampo
Pablo - my 2 cents. If the stands don't work, put the Arros in a closet for the time being . Buy something more kid-friendly to try. Sell the Arros if you no longer feel the need after you had the the kid-friendly option for a while. (Riffer - I'm thinking I like the look of your stands more than the Soundcity outriggers - nice job!).

Full disclosure statement - I am a Totem Forest owner (but not a dealer ;-)
Did you ever see the crossover in the Arrow?? It's freakin huge with all large scale parts and hand wired...bigger than a B&W801D crossover!! You tube has a video of Vince Brusezze giving a lecture to a dealer in CA about their speakers and build quality.
QUOTE: Akg_ca, do the tannoy's or the rega's perform well with a wall close behind them?

REGA R1s/ RS1s: wallmount / bookshelf / stand mount

The REGAs are designed to work close to back walls if required. In fact, the R1s/RS1s have accessory wall-mounting brackets available for direct mounting on the walls. I had them as standalone bookshelves and also as standmounts positioned close to the back walls with terrific performance.

What the REGAs do (see article ref in prior post as the mag's "new budget reference bookshelves ) is exhibit an incredible PRaT and they get the midrange "right" as few others can. Positioned close to the back wall also increases their bass. NOTE: These are not bi-wired.

TANNOY REVOLUTION DC6 standmounts:

What HiFi 5 star awards:
-- 2 versions: standmount and floormount; standmount (what I have)

WHAT HI-Fi awars them a 5 star rating review - best in their class for 2012

http://www.whathifi.com/review/revolution-dc6

paraphrase of the quote:

"...Best Awards 2012 in their class as standmounts. Detailed, dynamic and fast on their feet, these sound just as good as they look..."

There is also floormount model: The floorstanding versions of these speakers, the Tannoy Revolution DC6T, were 2011’s Award-winners in What H-Fi mag.

DC6 standmounts were double the money of the REGAs. They are being offered at substantial discounts now on model changes.

I have them positioned about 2 ft from sidewalls and 3 feet from backwall due to room limitations and they work great bi-wired.

The manual recommends that they avoid being positioned in the corners of the room. The manual recommends at least 0.5 m from the rear wall and 1 metre from the side walls.

NOTE: The TANNOYs are standmounts that require an investment in quality heavy spiked stands (preferably filled with shot or equivalent); but properly set up they sing! These certainly match and -- IMO -- exceed the performance & imaging of the Arros with their fast detailed and agile sound with the right gear driving them.