Choosing an integrated for low volume listening

Is there anything in the Amp - Speaker combo that makes one combination better for lower-volume listening? I would guess the variables are Class A vs A/B, speaker sensitivity, and current.

Room: 13’ x 13’

Stand mount - Aerial 5T (I think)

Integrated options: Pass Int-60, Lux 509X, ML 5802, Lux 590ax II

Overkill for the space - nope, love it. 

smoothtech

Any of the Luxman would be suitable as there is a Loudness feature which is provided for low level listening. When the loudness feature is enabled, the bass and treble will be boosted and this really helps with low volume listening.

Having said that, I rarely use the loudness feature as I usually listen at around 50 to 60dB at low volume levels, 70dB normal levels. At very low volumes of say 30 to 40dB the loudness feature will then be useful.

I own the 590AXII and yes, I used the loudness at low volumes, and it does work wonders. Spearkers are Harbeth. But are you asking for a better set up then you have now or just other combinations? 

This will be a new setup. I’ve been out of the game for years. As a former dealer of high end AV and Home Systems, I’ve had various Focal, Genelec, Revel, Martin Logan, and a couple Meridian DSP towers… 

I have not had a dedicated 2-ch system for myself… I’m pretty sure I’ll buy a pair of Aerial Acoustics 5T for my office. Likely a Lumin steamer… the integrated is the question. 

Good point @ryder… I’m not sure what level low is! I’m not thinking background music when I’m on a zoom call, more about in between calls, staring out the window, end of the day dram… 50-60 might be reasonable. I’ve got an Arcam and Sonus Faber system for the TV room, I’ll test that today. 

The Luxman loudness option is appealing as a quick toggle. 

I would highly recommend listening to a Audio Research VSi 75. I love the sound so much I have been trying to find some excuse to buy one… even though I have no where to use it… so, I haven’t.

I found the amp so musical and with such an overwhelming musical connection. Absolutely nothing like Pass x series, more like XA series… which I have owned for decades.

I would pair with Sonus Faber. Maybe stand mount Olympica… or down a level if those are too expensive.