What’s your latest high-end audio purchase?

What’s your latest high-end audio purchase?  It can be cables, tweaks, components etc.  Also, please share why you purchased, what it replaced, and any additional tips and insights regarding your purchase.  

I hoping for this to be enjoyable and educational, so please be civil of other’s opinions and choices.

kennyc

I’ve always wanted to give Magnepan a try, so I’m starting at the bottom. I have a pair of the new LRS+ on order… delivery anticipated around March 2023.

Ok so just came across some incredible Tungsram, NOS 12ax7/ecc83 that might not be high-end, but that make my high-end lineatage play like I've never experienced before. Have run through, Sovtek, Mullard, Telefunken, Genalex and now these Tungsrams and they are breathtakingly good. Still amazed by how incredibly a 60yo tube can play. I liked all of the ones mentioned (maybe not the Sovteks) but the others are/were each VG. Just not otherworldly like these absolute gems!

I brought  a pair of western  electric  124 clones home yesterday  and played with them half the night. Anyhow line magnetic  built these with new old stock  western electric  transformers in them. I am running them directly  from the krell kps20i and using the volume  control on the monoblocks. Like them better in the tetrode  setting over the triod setting the speakers likely  need the extra power. Very classic  tube sound really enjoyable  to me. This has caused some extra work changing  speakers around the power piggies are going to go on the high powered tub system  and they way I have it setup is going into my bedroom. Really happy.