New Project RS2T transport

I have had one already and sent it back, did not work at all upon receipt. Dealing with the Music Room though is a pleasure. Will always do business with them. Had unit replaced with a new one, just arrived Yesterday, Sunday afternoon 7-25-22. Hooked it up and SAID WOW!!! I have a Meitner MA-1 DAC and the synergy is Fabulous. Right out of the box it sounded, GREAT. So very OPEN. I have been blessed when upgrading several pieces to be totally surprised by the improvements. VERY Audible!

I am somewhat concerned though as there have been a great deal of posts about quality control issues. (see first sentence)  As I said unit sounds GREAT, very impressed. HOWEVER, if anyone can comment that owns one, I noticed when placing the little magnetic puck on the disc that it just sits atop the center spindle and does not contact disc. The magnetic puck has a female center on the underside that goes over a very small  male metal protrusion. (SPINDLE)   I would think that it should go over that spindle totally and meet the disc firmly. (no space between disc and puck??? When I place puck on top of CD, It appears that the machining on the underside of the hole should be a MM wider so it doesn't sit atop the spindle and drops down totally on the disc. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Robert TN    Ps would like to thank Charles1 DAD  for encouraging me to stick with transport. It is that GOOD!!!   Just wondering if they all are designed to do what I am experiencing?

robshaw

Robert, I believe that your Steelers have a chance to start the season 3-0 despite the loss of Watt. N.E. and the Browns are beatable. Regarding the LPS I'd stick with the 20v/3 amp unless Pro-Ject says there's absolutely no problem doing otherwise.

Charles

I hope your right on the Steelers issue. We will see.  I haven't had a chance to directly contact Project for the answer to that question. If not I will hold true to your recommendation, which I believe is the best advice.  Thanks Have a great weekend.  Ps  listened for 2 hours yesterday, with Project shining.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.  I got word that my September delivery has been pushed back again.  I'm guessing Pro-ject is dealing with QC issues and they haven't been resolved.  I'm starting to look at other options and now I have a Fidelizer PS I'll be forced to sell if I do.  

@firstgrowth 

I can understand your frustration with yet another delay with shipment. If Pro-Ject is addressing QC issues then good for them. Although I can unequivocally say that the RS2T and Fidelizer are a really good pairing, there are other very fine options for you. Do what you feel is best for you.

Charles

I have not pulled my deposit. I’m curious to see how they deal with this and how quickly.