Aurender N200

Hi

I was hoping to get feedback on the Aurender N200.   I have a Bluesound Vault 2i that honestly has been great but I am looking for a significant bump up in sound. Will be using with a LAB 12 DAC which accepts USB class 2 output and has coax also.  I really like this DAC , although I do have the opportunity to trade up within a year so that's to be seen if I do that.  I find myself mostly streaming and want a great sounding stand alone streamer that won't be outclassed if I upgrade the DAC.   Any opinions of this unit would be appreciated 

Thanks 

128x128oddiofyl

@lalitk I can do all of that editing etc with a nas.  A lot of people store more than their music in their nas ie files photos etc. In that respect, it makes sense financially and physical sense to use a nas. I just don’t want to be “locked in” and I mean “locked in” to a proprietary system that if I ever have problems I have to rely on Aurender or someone who has an Aurender to retrieve my music files. This may be a better option for folks that are not computer savvy…which in that case it makes sense. 

@dinov Not trying to change your mind, but I want to provide clarification. Should an Aurender unit go down, you don’t need someone with an Aurender to retrieve your music files. You can remove the drives and install them in any other enclosure to access the files on it, just like you would any other hard drive. I just want to make sure we’re providing factual info and not giving any misleading perceptions. 

@dinov 

No hard sell from me on Aurender.  You buy what works best for you, it’s as simple as that. I don’t contaminant my music files with any other type of files. There is a reason I chose to rely on Aurender for 10 plus years. For me, I do not want any source near my system that unnecessarily induces noise and add clutter to my space. I subscribe to ‘less is more’ approach. 

I have been waiting for streamers to mature and really be a high quality source for a while….  I figured how much longer am I going to wait?  My system has has a major renovation and it’s worthy of a great source .

All of these devices have their pros and cons   I like the two box approach and hope this will be a great front end    

@blisshifi I’m just going on what you told me in your private message. Remember, I complimented you on your post and I was looking at Aurender until I got all the information from you. With that it looks like since Aurender doesn’t make just a transport it doesn’t fit my needs. So let’s get that cleared up too. 

@lalitk i have never heard of other files “contaminating” other files as you say, so let’s clear that up as well. Thank you both for your input.