Aurender N200

Hi

I was hoping to get feedback on the Aurender N200.   I have a Bluesound Vault 2i that honestly has been great but I am looking for a significant bump up in sound. Will be using with a LAB 12 DAC which accepts USB class 2 output and has coax also.  I really like this DAC , although I do have the opportunity to trade up within a year so that's to be seen if I do that.  I find myself mostly streaming and want a great sounding stand alone streamer that won't be outclassed if I upgrade the DAC.   Any opinions of this unit would be appreciated 

Thanks 

128x128oddiofyl

I keep music on the drives of my desktop computer. The minimserver app manages it. A selection from a drive or from the Internet goes out on our wi-fi to a receiver (one of several available in the $200-400 range), which feeds the DAC. I didn't see any specifics in the N200 product description that speak to any difference in sound quality.

@oddiofyl 

Congratulations on your N200 purchase. Just make sure your Ethernet is robust and you will be rewarded with amazing SQ out of N200. 

We have both in our Listening Room.  Is the Aurender better, sure. But the bigger improvement is the external DAC.  One DAC is the one we manufacturer, the other is the Audio Note kit DAC that is around $5K. Plenty of great parts in the AN but the Blue Sound with our DAC is simply better sounding in every aspect.

Happy Listening..

@audiotroy was that Scotch or Zin speaking? Lol. It was like one of those test showing how your brain identifies patterns automatically allowing you to decipher info. I think Streamer is my next year move. IDK sometimes though, everything is sounding dang good with my BS Node 2i feeding a stand alone DAC.

charles7"I didn't see any specifics in the N200 product description that speak to any difference in sound quality."

May be you should listen, study, and evaluate how the N200 "speaks" to you rather than how the "product description" "speaks" to you.