Green Mountain Audio

I picked up a set of Diamante's for cheap. They have trashed foam surrounds but otherwise seem fine. I plan on veneering the "marble" with a beautiful teak or rosewood- I haven't decided.The angles will look pretty cool with the right veneer. The marble is not so cool but rigid and heavy. 

Curious if some upgraded drivers would improve the sound- as apposed to re-foaming. I realize this is a shot in the dark but my understanding is Roy from GMA has passed so not sure where to get driver advice. Open to any and all suggestions.

ovinewar1

Tend to agree to look at getting surrounds fixed, especially if the crossover is first order and requires the driver to operate across a wide range without breakup. 

FWIW I was a big fan of Roy's speakers, and owned two pairs over the years. I did not own the Diamante, but I expect that they would be well worth renovating. I would also be inclined to first try replacing the foam, rather than tinkering with the drivers.

A simple phone call and a couple of questions answered.

That to me is easier than reforming decades old drivers if there is indeed drop in replacements.

ovinewar1:

If the the drivers are OEM labeled when you pull them please post the info for future researchers.

DeKay

I'm thinking Green Mountain used ScanSpeak, that's why I suggested it's likely there's a drop in substitute. Of course, I have no idea why I think that. I could be completely wrong. Oops! Stupid auto correct. I wrote refoaming.