Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

100 watts @ 8ohms per block, utilitarian plain enclosure. Does not seem that impressive.

@avanti1960 Really?  That’s how you pre-judge this amp from one of the most reputable designers in the biz?  Pretty shallow dude.  Have a listen and then see what you think.  I believe after that you’ll be searching for recipes on how to cook crow.  Bon appetite.

I got the Silver Faceplate. They look pretty nice in person. Looks doesn’t add much to the sonic qualities. Maybe give you some placebo effect. Like the McIntosh MC452. Looks nice. But not the best sonic qualities for an amp that expensive. I had one for a very short time before I sold it. I’d rather pay for function.  I guess the same could be said for Pass Labs Amps also. But hell I love the Pass Labs Amps. The First Watts are also damn nice amps. Glad people like Nelson and Ralph build for sonic qualities,  not beauty contests. That could make it that much harder for the common folk, like me,  to get some awesome gear. 

So, who is going to be the first to pop the hood and show us the engine.....with close ups?  Show us the meat!  he he.  

I don't like the way the logo looks.  It completely and utterly makes the amp a non-starter with me.  If a manufacturer can't design a cool looking logo then what are the chances of them making a great sounding amp?  I swipe left on this one.