New Project RS2T transport

I have had one already and sent it back, did not work at all upon receipt. Dealing with the Music Room though is a pleasure. Will always do business with them. Had unit replaced with a new one, just arrived Yesterday, Sunday afternoon 7-25-22. Hooked it up and SAID WOW!!! I have a Meitner MA-1 DAC and the synergy is Fabulous. Right out of the box it sounded, GREAT. So very OPEN. I have been blessed when upgrading several pieces to be totally surprised by the improvements. VERY Audible!

I am somewhat concerned though as there have been a great deal of posts about quality control issues. (see first sentence)  As I said unit sounds GREAT, very impressed. HOWEVER, if anyone can comment that owns one, I noticed when placing the little magnetic puck on the disc that it just sits atop the center spindle and does not contact disc. The magnetic puck has a female center on the underside that goes over a very small  male metal protrusion. (SPINDLE)   I would think that it should go over that spindle totally and meet the disc firmly. (no space between disc and puck??? When I place puck on top of CD, It appears that the machining on the underside of the hole should be a MM wider so it doesn't sit atop the spindle and drops down totally on the disc. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Robert TN    Ps would like to thank Charles1 DAD  for encouraging me to stick with transport. It is that GOOD!!!   Just wondering if they all are designed to do what I am experiencing?

robshaw

My Nikola II has shipped and is projected to arrive on Friday.

Also, Sumiko messaged me yesterday that my replacement RS2-T is tested and ready to do the exchange. 

I guess the old adage "when it rains it pours" applies here.

Hopefully all goes smooth this time around. Won't take long to find out now.

@lpretiring 

Excellent news!

I am glad that Sumiko is testing your RS2T prior to shipping (Should become standard procedure).

You should have zero problems with your Fidelizer Nikola II LPS. It’s a very overbuilt unit for the assigned task. It has been flawless for me with 24/7 operation. Never even gets warm to the touch.

Charles

@bjg Just a thought since you also indicated an interest in a better digital cable; whichever transport you get if you have the ability to use the AES/EBU connection I think you’ll find an upgrade in sound over SPDIF . I switched to that connection in my 2nd system between my Simaudio 260DT CD transport and either Mojo Audio EVO or Modwright Elyse DACs and found the uptick in SQ readily apparent. I use a Tchernov Reference 2 AES/EBU digital cable. Good luck on your journey!

Oops! That's was supposed to read Odin 2 Gold power cord. FYI, I do have a Pangea Premier XL 1.5m (MSRP $169) for sale to more than get you by