Direct Drive

I am firmly in the digital camp, but I’ve dabbled in vinyl.  Back in the day I was fascinated by Technics Direct Drive tt, but couldn’t afford them.  I was stuck with my entry level Gerrard.  I have been sans turntable for about 5 years now but the new gear bug is biting.  I am interested in the Technics 1500 which comes with an Ortofon Red and included pre amp.  I have owned Rega P5 which I hated for its speed instability and a Clearaudio Concept which was boring as hell.

Direct Drive was an anathema to audiophiles in the nineties but every time I heard  one it knocked my socks off.  What do the analogers here think of Direct Drive?  I listen to Classical Music exclusively 

mahler123

WHO CARES DD or Belt it's about the music. 

Of course it's about the music, but naturally the sound quality is critical.

@billwojo ...and the master is cut with a tangential arm, but that will only trigger another fusillsade from the trenches that surround you... ;) 

...but, Yes, It Is all about the music, and how you hear it There. *G*

Enjoy where you go in the TT trials.

Your time...starts...already. *L*

Happy Hun-ting, J

You can also check out the Technics SL-100C, brand new in the US market, save a couple hundred bucks. No phono stage, but don't really want a built-in one anyway. Cheap cartridge but the stylus is upgradeable to something decent. It intrigues me and looks like good value, but I'm satisfied with my belt drive tables. 

audiophiles have a deep respect and luv for technics SL-1200 variants and the big denons. theres a new technics model/variant out. i forget the number.

the worst rumble ive had was from belt drive tables.