Class D for Repatriated Merlin TSM MMI

I recently repatriated a pair of Merlin TWM MMI from Singapore. Calvin Ho of CK Audio made its return home quick and painless.

I have read the forums and understand that most seem to prefer tube amps. I know that is is against convention so far as I've read, but, due to heat, space, my back and weight, I am inquiring  of any successful synergistic  pairing of Class D amps. (Yes, I am trying to avoid 55 pounds of iron)

My sense are these little guys might benefit from lots of power but like everything the proof and synergy is in the pudding.

Thanks for any experience one can share.

derekw_hawaii

Haven't heard them myself, but I've been told from a very reliable source that the new Atma-Sphere Class D amps sound like their OTL tube amps.  I have 2 pairs of TSM's myself and use AS on one of them.  If in fact their Class D amps do sound like their OTL amps (or even close) you'd be in for a real treat with the Merlins.

I also have MMi with the master RC networks. They sound incredible with my Black Ice Audio F35 integrated amp. I have a Legacy i.v2 Ultra class D amp which has not sounded bad with any speaker I've tried it on. Just haven't had a chance to try it with the Merlins.

Good luck. These are one of the all time great monitors. I have compared and prefer them to the current ATC SCM19 speakers, also very good monitors.