Recommendation on speakers for listening to live music

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on speakers for listening to live music. I have a big collection of live Grateful Dead, phish, jazz, etc.. This is music on cd or vinyl that was recorded live. Are there quality speakers that cater to both live and studio recordings. Would be using McIntosh power amps mc252, mc275 etc.. Thank you very much for any advice.

jazzydrummer

Heard some Klipsch Jubilees today and when I closed my eyes, felt like the band was in the room!  The room was huge, and the sound filled it completely.

I was at a live orchestra performance and it dawned on me: Hey, this sounds just like my Klipsch Heresy IV speakers!

so… that’s my observation 

I was at a live orchestra performance and it dawned on me: Hey, this sounds just like my Klipsch Heresy IV speakers!

That's the fun thing about audio, different people can have much the same live listening experience, and get completely opposite conclusions from it. 

When I think about live orchestral or chamber ensembles, comparisons to horn loaded speakers, is about the last thing that goes through my mind*.

Especially with Klipsch, but I can never NOT hear the sound of the horn. To me, they make every type of music, sound as if it is coming from a PA. And that's the last thing I want when listening to classical, the sound of a PA.

*Unless we're talking about horn speakers such as Avant Garde Acoustics, or Acapella, but then, we're in an entirely different category of speakers.