Which Ethernet filter?

Hello all,

My new Innuos streamer system is coming along nicely, and I've been startled how my A-B comparison of USB cables affected the overall SQ  - I settled on the FTA Sinope.  I'm now looking at enhancing the ethernet feed to the Innuos.

Presently, I have the SotM ISO-CAT7 (limited Red edition with dCBL-CAT7u cable to DAC), and noticed a lift in detail once installed.

I'm very interested in the Network Acoustics ethernet options.  Has anyone compared either the Eno or Muon systems to the either the IS0-CAT6 or ISO-CAT7?

Many thanks,
Mark

Netgear Orbi Satellite  =>  AQ Carbon  =>  SotM ISO-CAT7  =>  SotM dCBL-CAT7u  =>  Innuos Zenith Mk3  =>   FTA Sinope USB   =>  Hegel H390

128x128lollipopguild

@wsrrsw , thanks for that.  I'd really love to try both of Uptone's ethernet and USB regenerators.  Could be a while though, I guess.

I managed to find two old-ish TP-Link MC200CMs with cable and power supplies for £11 on eBay, and I think it might be the best SQ improvement I've ever made (even better than the speakers' Gaias).  The bass definition, dynamics and transparency have all gone up a level.

At the moment I have a 30cm Sotm dCBL-CAT7u ethernet into the Zenith.  I'll play around with different ethernet cables, and maybe reintroduce the Sotm ISOCAT7.  I've also got an Ifi iPower X on order for the 2nd MC200CM.

But wow!  Exciting times.  I can't see myself not trying a Sonore opticalModule when it becomes available again. 

I may try the optical Ethernet adapter bundle from Small Green Computer. A lot cheaper than the EtherRegen or the ENO filter, and SGC claims it’s as effective or moreso. sGC has a 30 day return option if I don’t hear an improvement.

@bondmanp

There is no substitute for trying things in your system and access which one of these filters sounds best or not. I wouldn’t form any opinions based on price of admission. I have auditioned both optical kit and ENO filter in my system, and ENO was a keeper over anything else I’ve tried under $1200.

BTW, ENO offers the same 30 days money back guarantee :-)

@lollipopguild Congrats on the SCM 40s — great speakers.  Best of luck with the streaming and interested in hearing what you find with the various options.  It really is a wonderful, awful hobby, isn’t it?