Lumin U2 Mini

I was hoping to get user feedback on the Lumin U2 Mini. I currently have a Vault 2i and have really enjoyed it. The Lumin looks appealing to me for several reasons . I was hoping to find a server that would allow me to pull my Vault files through the network but it seems Bluesound is a closed ecosystem and doesn’t support UPnP . That said I noticed the Lumin has digital inputs . This would allow me to use anything in the Vault through the Lumin and my DAC 

I was also wondering how the Lumin app works compared to BluOS. Thanks !

128x128oddiofyl

Hi

Thanks Soix,  I am just trying to get a sense of what a good upgrade would be.   The dealer I bought my DAC from is an Innuos dealer and are pretty good about home demo.  Just not sure how much I will use the disc drive. 

There is nothing worse than a lateral move in this hobby...   I try to avoid that at all cost

In this case I wouldn’t worry about a lateral move — it’s a solid bet either the Lumin or Innuos will provide significant sonic benefits you’ll hear immediately.  Did you load any CDs into the Vault?  I’ve got a lot of CDs I love that will likely never be available to stream and I have several “audiophile” CDs I’m going to buy that also will likely never make it to stream as well so for those reasons I find the server function very valuable.  But that’s me.  It’s awesome that you can audition a piece at home!  Now if you only had a good Lumin dealer nearby…

There are several hundred discs , I have media on a 2TB drive also.    Can you move files across the network onto a dedicated streamers internal drive if I go that route?    

Much more efficient to move files direct than "across" the network. Use Unstoppable copier. So much better than UPnP that I sold my Synology. Why have multiple devices unnecessarily?