New Project RS2T transport

I have had one already and sent it back, did not work at all upon receipt. Dealing with the Music Room though is a pleasure. Will always do business with them. Had unit replaced with a new one, just arrived Yesterday, Sunday afternoon 7-25-22. Hooked it up and SAID WOW!!! I have a Meitner MA-1 DAC and the synergy is Fabulous. Right out of the box it sounded, GREAT. So very OPEN. I have been blessed when upgrading several pieces to be totally surprised by the improvements. VERY Audible!

I am somewhat concerned though as there have been a great deal of posts about quality control issues. (see first sentence)  As I said unit sounds GREAT, very impressed. HOWEVER, if anyone can comment that owns one, I noticed when placing the little magnetic puck on the disc that it just sits atop the center spindle and does not contact disc. The magnetic puck has a female center on the underside that goes over a very small  male metal protrusion. (SPINDLE)   I would think that it should go over that spindle totally and meet the disc firmly. (no space between disc and puck??? When I place puck on top of CD, It appears that the machining on the underside of the hole should be a MM wider so it doesn't sit atop the spindle and drops down totally on the disc. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Robert TN    Ps would like to thank Charles1 DAD  for encouraging me to stick with transport. It is that GOOD!!!   Just wondering if they all are designed to do what I am experiencing?

robshaw

Charles 1 dad.  Nice to hear from you. The answer is YES. So far so good. I've listened for maybe about 10 hours thus far without an issue. Started listening to some CD's I haven't heard for years. Kind of opening the door that hasn't been opened in ages and discovering something new. I was afraid to say anything prematurely, lest,  something bad would happen. I am very pleased thus far. Glad I didn't throw in the towel completely. 

Before I look into the LPS I will most likely wait until the Music Room 60 day period expires. It is on my list.   Just wondering if I may pick your brain. I have an ATI 6002 model power amp,(quite robust)and am looking to replace the 2  stock power cords the unit has. Don't want to spend a lot of money in that direction,but, would like to upgrade. The only thing that makes real sense to me is a lower gauge wire cord. Most likely a 10 or 8 gauge. Any thoughts are very much appreciated. Thanks again for checking in. Robert TN  Would like to stay under 6 hundred for both, if possible?  Tks again

Hi Robert,

That is very good news! I'm glad you hung in there for "one" more chance with the RS2T. You have a top notch CD transport to pair with your Meitner DAC. I understand why you are so happy with the sound quality.

RE, power cables in your stated price range. I'd look at Audio Envy, Zavfino cables and Cullen cables for good quality in that range. For a little bit more money, Lavricables (Pure silver conductors) out of Latvia are excellent sounding. I recently acquired some and they are "quite" exceptional in my audio system.

Charles

First growth and Charles 1 Dad  Thanks so much for your help. I hope others follow this blog, as the Project RS2T is that good. I think most people (myself being one) look at the price and the diminutive  size and immediately dismiss the purchase. (not to mention the quality  control issues discussed) If they read this and pay attention, they will be rewarded. The blog has assisted me greatly. Charles one, I will further explore your power cable suggestions. I was going to buy and still may the Cullen Crossover 2 cable, which happens to be 10mm gauge. My only concerns is that Patrick has stated in his e mail, 2 to 3 weeks. However, after doing a little exploring, 2 to 3 weeks may mean 2 to 3 months?  His company or he himself may have merged with wyred4sound.com and the back log may be a long time????? Don't know   Others that I have considered in Pangea AC 95 SE Mk11 1.5 meters and Shunyata Venom HC V2 also 10 gauge.  I will look into your suggestions. Thank you!   If anyone else reads this post and has any suggestions, please feel free to suggest anything. I have been very educated as a result of this posting, thank you all!!!! Robert TN

Rob

Patrick's father Rick Cullen works for W4S and has for quite some time after shutting down his own shop.  Patrick has also worked there on occasion and done some contract for them.  Not sure why he would merge with them as they are in the same town. I would also recommend Charles recommendation of the Audio Envy power cables.  Give Cap a call and talk to him as he used to have a trial period.  Another great internet direct cable is Triode Wire Labs.