Class D Amplification Announcement

After 60 some odd years of disappointment, Class D has finally arrived. As per The Absolute Sound’s Jonathan Valin, the Borrenson-designed Aavik P-580 amp “is the first Class D amplifier I can recommend without the usual reservations. …the P-580 does not have the usual digital-like upper-mid/lower-treble glare or brick wall-like top-octave cut-off that Class D amps of the past have evinced.”

Past designers of Class D and audiophiles, rejoice; Michael Borrenson has finally realized the potential of Class D.

psag

JV is confusing Class D amps with poor digital playback (usual digital-like upper-mid/lower-treble glare). Overall, Class D amps don’t sound like that, to the contrary, they are flat and artificially smooth, and unresolving.

anyone that's dumb enough to pay $40,000 for a piece of wire has got more money than brains it's a piece of wire LOL.

Good news about Class D as I no longer have to suffer through endless sessions thinking my Pass XA-25 sounds so good while getting hot and all Class A...I can just get rid of what I thought were beautiful tubes and amps (including guitar amps) and just relax into some D. I already have a Class D bass amp so I'm on my way!

@urbie   Aren't you forgetting that there are thousands on here dumb enough to pay up to $30,000 for a real piece of wire, namely a power cord when an upgraded stock item cannot cost more than $25.