Class D Amplification Announcement

After 60 some odd years of disappointment, Class D has finally arrived. As per The Absolute Sound’s Jonathan Valin, the Borrenson-designed Aavik P-580 amp “is the first Class D amplifier I can recommend without the usual reservations. …the P-580 does not have the usual digital-like upper-mid/lower-treble glare or brick wall-like top-octave cut-off that Class D amps of the past have evinced.”

Past designers of Class D and audiophiles, rejoice; Michael Borrenson has finally realized the potential of Class D.

psag
Post removed 

or am I missing something here? 

@johnlnyc You’re absolutely missing something here. 

Soix, my post was intended to be ironic. We are in agreement.

johnlnyc, let’s just focus on this particular journal (TAS), this reviewer, and this class D amplifier.  The reviewer has stated repeatedly over the years that he has no use for class D amplification.  Recently, he has decided that class D has progressed to the point that it meets his minimum level of acceptability.  Can we assume that he has listened critically and objectively to most of the recent  implementations of class D?  Since the answer is quite clearly “No”, does it not annoy you that he is able to claim the latest Borrenson amplifier to be a game changer?  If your answer is ‘no’, then I think you are missing something.

Will it take another 60 years for them to be able to drive Magnepans correctly?  Ok, that's tongue and cheek...but since capacitance is king for making planars truly come into their own, how will D get this done?