Has anyone compared Lumin the U1 Mini to the U2 Mini?

What are your thoughts about the two? Is the sound quality that much better?  Is the price difference worth it?

The rest of the system is Denafrips Pontus ll > Hegel H390 > KEF Reference 5 speakers.

Thanks.

128x128curiousjim

Spending more than a few hundred on a server is a waste of money. All a server does is transfer files from a device to another device. No DAC converter is used! In fact when you use your phone to check your bank records you are using a server! Digital music is just binary-encoded data - just like bank records. No magic involved to justify spending four-figures + on a fancy server!

I have a U1 Mini and it’s an excellent streamer. I went from AURALiC Aries G1 to Lumin and preferred the sound of Lumin.

In looking at new features in U2 Mini it’s mostly about processing and upsampling and new finish for the case. I never cared for the internal upsampling (capable of upsampling to DSD) to be honest so if you’re not planning on using this feature I’m not sure you’re going to hear any difference in sound. But only testing the two side by side is the only sure way to know. 

Thanks @audphile1 

That’s the information I was looking for. I doubt I’ll be upsampling anything.

JD

Jason have you done any comparisons of servers and if so please give examples.