New Project RS2T transport

I have had one already and sent it back, did not work at all upon receipt. Dealing with the Music Room though is a pleasure. Will always do business with them. Had unit replaced with a new one, just arrived Yesterday, Sunday afternoon 7-25-22. Hooked it up and SAID WOW!!! I have a Meitner MA-1 DAC and the synergy is Fabulous. Right out of the box it sounded, GREAT. So very OPEN. I have been blessed when upgrading several pieces to be totally surprised by the improvements. VERY Audible!

I am somewhat concerned though as there have been a great deal of posts about quality control issues. (see first sentence)  As I said unit sounds GREAT, very impressed. HOWEVER, if anyone can comment that owns one, I noticed when placing the little magnetic puck on the disc that it just sits atop the center spindle and does not contact disc. The magnetic puck has a female center on the underside that goes over a very small  male metal protrusion. (SPINDLE)   I would think that it should go over that spindle totally and meet the disc firmly. (no space between disc and puck??? When I place puck on top of CD, It appears that the machining on the underside of the hole should be a MM wider so it doesn't sit atop the spindle and drops down totally on the disc. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Robert TN    Ps would like to thank Charles1 DAD  for encouraging me to stick with transport. It is that GOOD!!!   Just wondering if they all are designed to do what I am experiencing?

robshaw

I 'm curious to hear the response. I just took the plunge for a third unit a couple of days ago. They are going to check out the unit prior to shipping. Maybe, just maybe someone interjected this time and told someone,  don't send this guy another unit that doesn't work. I can only hope!!! I will keep you posted when i receive it and after. Trying to establish some faith. Thanks all for helping. Robert

That’s good news Robert. I’m glad someone seems to be responding to your recent issues with the RS2T. I hope that they get things right for you. I want you to be able to enjoy this transport in a trouble free manner just as I have been able to do.

Charles

I’ve had the unit for 4 months now and it has been completely reliable. I do use an LTA LPS with it. Sounds great. Very happy. Was coming from a Bel Canto CD3T, which had numerous issues. 

It's good to be back. I received my 3rd unit on 8/8/22   A black clad unit that has reportedly  been checked out.  On my first play on that date. Surprise,  everything worked. Listened for two hours, in Heaven, hopes that's what it's like. Things just sounded great. Then the next day as I felt a little strange  (if you knew me that would be hard to diagnose) I tested positive for covid, Oh boy, just delighted. Feel a little better after a couple of days. Going out this afternoon for at least and hour or two. Have my fingers crossed. I keep all posted. Wish me luck, with either or both. Have a great weekend. Robert

@mtrspt5 

Congratulations to you. So nice to know that your experience with the RS2T up to this point mimics mine. 

Robert,

I wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery. Also continued success and musical bliss with your RS2T:

Charles