MoFi controversy

I see this hasn't been mentioned here yet, so I thought I'd put this out here.  Let me just say that I haven't yet joined the analog world, so I don't have a dog in this fight.

It was recently revealed that Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs one step LPs are being cut from digital masters (DSD) rather than being straight analog throughout the chain.

Here is one of the many Youtube videos that discusses it

To me, it seems that if MOFI is guilty of anything, it's "deception by omission."  That is, they were never open about the process and the use of digital in the chain. 

One thing to mention is that hardly anyone is criticizing the sound quality of these LPs, even after this revelation.  Me personally, I wouldn't spend over one hundred dollars for any recording regardless of the format.

ftran999

Dear @atmasphere : As you know I use my 20.6’s as amps and as crossover to the speakers woofers can runs over around 80hz ( first order crossover. ).

The ADS woofers then crossover to the mid range at 450hz. The woofers are made of pulp/paper ( two 14" woofers each speaker. ) and the 3.5 mH silver inductor is wired in series with the woofer + input and from the + amp output and negative is direct to the amp output negative.

So, the stock crossover is a second order and with out the caps I understand is now a first order crossover. Yes probably the woofers are not with the same linearity than with the caps but I already tested unders several play conditions: low/high SPL with solo instruments as violin or piano and full scores as the Gladiator movie CD or the Telarc 1812 and under any of those tests that I did it 3-4 times either what I been aware is a better QS not day and nigth difference but a difference for the better.

I know perfectly not only the LP/CD I used but I know really good my room/system overall performance and I can’t be aware of any minimum breackup, at least that be audible.

I know that a way different speaker design and obviously dedicated for the speaker but in the past Serblin designer/owner of Sonus Fqaber use only inductors in the crossover of some models. Of course that that is not a reference been a different drivers/design.

After what I posted here : do you still think that I must return the caps to the woofers crossover?

Thank’s in advance,

R.

Dear @moonwatcher  ; These are two reasons  to focus on system fine tunning and enjoy listening MUSIC instead buy LPs " new " re-issues or new audio equipment. 

Today the MUSIC reproduction at my place is a full enjoyment " jail " that does not permits any thing but following the listening experience:

This came from my post in other thread.

Btw, sorry to disturb the OP thread/subject:

Btw, no one in that tech-talk forum shared opinion about the woofers inductor crossover subject and there are heavy knowledge level gentlemans as erik , bdp, graynnig and many others but maybe do not posted because are still a little " angry/disturbed " with me when I posted that the boutique/fancy capacitors are just bs against the overall  industry ( not in specific and only audio but whole ) standard caps.

R.

Too many of you don’t get it. Why is MoFi’s process a mystery?

Why aren’t they transparent about their products?

Why is their only interview with a retailer who gets free or discounted products who then in turn serves up softball questions? I hear Fremer asked for an interview and was declined. See question 3

Where is the honesty?

Why treat your loyal customer base like disposable trash?

Reality - Line up the lawyers while a Class Action lawsuit comes your way.

Why, because you earned it!