Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
If you could set them up about 12' apart from center of tweeter to center of tweeter, about 2' from the long wall behind them, that would be even better. Do remember to toe them in. It appears you might be in the ball park after all. To avoid comb filtering effects, be sure to use absorptive material behind the listening position. Such a setup should even out bass response (typically the biggest challenge) and help imaging.
The drivers are matched well enough you can go more than 12' without losing anything. Toe the speakers in so you can only see a sliver of the inside of the cabinet. Lose the spikes and don't bother with bi-wiring.
2cj, in spite of the well-meaning advice from myself and others here, you must have the patience for experimenting in your own set up.

Any recommendations for specific dimensions must be considered only as recommendations for your list of trials. There are simple too many variations in room dimensions, construction, treatments, associated equipment, and personal taste for any of us to tell you "exactly" how to set up your speakers.

I believe you will continue to find your speakers to be very revealing, therefore they may benefit from even small adjustments.

Good luck and have fun.
Pryso, is of course correct, up to a point. There are minimum requirements that need to be met to allow the design goals to work.
Thanks for all the tips. I have moved them over to the long wall roughly 12ft apart and they do sound amazing in this configuration! I tried them with and without the brass cones. While I don't buy into a lot of the snake oil in the audio world I must admit that the cones have somehow made the already revealing mid bass/range just a tad cleaner. The cones most notable affect was on the low end. I was up in the air on sub or sub after trying the cones I can safely say no sub in my set up. The cones have cleaned up the low end. Not that the low end wasn't nice already. But the cones have tightened up the low end and now it's a little faster and a little more slam. I will continue to play and tweak their current set up as time provides. I must say that I am impressed with the SCIV's to be almost 20yrs. old they sure do sing. While not the best speaker in the world they do so many things right that their a pleasure to listen to for hours at a time. Very accurate and detailed at least for my price point and dollar. However I must say bad recordings beware you have been warned!!!