Speakers need to be placed close to back wall. Help

Hello all,

I want to buy my daughter and her husband a house-warming gift of a nice stereo. The problem is that the room they will probably want the stereo in simply won’t allow speakers to be place more than about 6-8" from the back wall. Any ideas of manufacturers and/or models that might work for them?

They listen to all kinds of music and I want to stay below 4K for used speakers.

Thanks in advance.

russ

Ag insider logo xs@2xrustler

Check out Ohm Walsh.  Size of the speaker depends on the size of the room, so if the room is on the smaller size they should meet your budget.  I bought them because my speakers need to be close to the wall and corners, and I love them.  I just got an email today that they have some in their outlet store on sale.  Otherwise they are made to order, and the wait can be months.

Any Audio Note speaker. They are designed to be close to the wall behind them.

Larsen 4 or 6 should be within your 4k budget and they are designed to be placed within an inch or two of the front wall.  Www.larsenhifi.com

@rustler, I think that's a WONDERFUL gift!!

Pardon me for muddying of the waters, you've probably already considered all of this, but just in case...

If either of them have any interest in our hobby, OR if either if them are good candidates for developing an interest in our hobby, you might want to involve them in the decision-making process, and you might all really enjoy it.  Sometimes The Quest is half the fun.

Now if neither of them are speaker hobbyists or are likely to become such, you might STILL want to involve them because how the speakers LOOK in their room may be their top priority.

Regardless of the details of how you proceed, I think such a gift is incredibly thoughtful and generous of you.  And personally I like the suggestion of the Larsens.

Duke

Post removed