Electrical Power Outlet advice

I moved my system to the basement. It's listed under the systems as "mewsickbuff's unfinished basement system." There’s only one electrical outlet presently. I’ve made an appointment with an electrician to have 2 more outlets installed. I’ve requested each outlet be wired separately and not piggy backed. Since it’s in the basement the outlets will need to be GFCI. I’ve read a little about Furutech and Hubbell outlets. Are there others? I’d like to know what I need to ask and expect out of the electrician. Thanks.

mewsickbuff

@theaudioamp 

I don’t see your system shown under your UserID. It would be great to see your reference system and venue.

@ieales I ran 2 circuits.   All the 2 channel stuff on one and everything non-audio on the other.  Internet gear. lamp. TV etc.

That's the way we wired studios. Some studios went all the way to the street with separate panels for the lights, air/con, coffee makers, etc. and 100% separate for the audio.

In my systems, the audio and entertainment are 100% separate and only one powered at a time.

+1 Carlsbad, you dont need two but we as a general rule would always run two as the labor is essentially going to be the same with a little extra for wire and the recepto.You can use it for non audio and you have back up circuit, you never can tell what might happen or what you might add to the room. Whatever you do dont add a 30 amp circuit with giant oversized wire, all these components are designed to be run on 20 amp or even 15 amp household AC. After I completed my new set up with its 20 amp home run I fired everything up and put my amp clamp on the cable from the wall to the Torus power conditioner. At idle with everything burning its 1.3 amps  and at ear splitting volumes it’s maybe double that in short peaks.amp Breaker’s normally will trip at about 80% of the stated value, Your never going to exceed that unless somethings wrong in which case you need that breaker. Best!

Furutech, Leviton, Hubbell outlets...how would you all rate each as far as 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and why? Definitely going with hospital grade outlets. Leaning towards a 20 amp double pole GFCI circuit breaker in the panel box.

@theaudioamp you’re a lucky person to have heard so many other people’s systems. Can you estimate how many you’ve heard that falsely claim high resolution? As far as I’ve read everyone has made excellent recommendations for power outlets. Do you have any?