Has this happened to you? How can it be stopped?

Well this question is for fun but also kinda serious too.

Have you felt the urger to buy a vintage piece of audio gear when you really didn’t need it? Have you felt that this is an addiction and how can it be stopped?

I have Marantz 2235 receiver in my office, a Sansui 1000x in my bedroom, a Realistic STA-52b in my spare bedroom and Yamaha RX-V995 in my wifes sewing room and a Yamaha RX-V690 in the garage with various vintage speakers connected to all of them. I already have two complete audio systems in my audio room.

When does the madness stop? My wife tells me I have an audio problem!?!

128x1282psyop

I have to keep telling myself I do NOT need to re-buy my old equipment. Such as my first system, a Marantz 2035, Advent speakers, Pioneer TT with Shure cartridge. Or my second one, a Hafler pre and amp, or my Nak tape deck (especially considering I no longer have any cassette tapes....), a B&K amp/pre, 3D Acoustics speakers (not well know, but a great setup). Mirage speakers, AR TT. Not to mention other great pieces of equipment that have gone though my hands. 

That last sentence covers the girlfriends and wives as well...

WHY , vintage gear doesn’t have the parts quality in technology to sound as good as good gear today , even more so with Loudspeakers ,there are very few exceptions.

ican see maybe a McIntosh or Marantz tube tuner, that would be it.

IHave sold for cheap several old receivers .buy for example a modern Coda, Pass labs ,Gryphon, or many other quality brands.

high quality integrated ,or separates with a piece of digital or analog gear 

you would never look back ,buy 1 high quality  system and be done with it say   $30-$40k this would be night and day better sounding.

...makes for a sticky conundrum, imh...

Ears once sharp are dulled by the years.

That which we loved tilted our perspectives towards a better 'that' v. 'this'...?

Does the vintage draw one back to that remembered, an exciting time of the time when everything began to be so much Better?
Opposed to the now, when nuance is the name of the game...

Low $ experiment: Play on said vintage owned the album that stirred the crock, if not the soul that sent you on this journey....;)

Does it still 'work' like it used to?

Or is jaded 'n faded the new norm?