Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

tomthiel

Thank You for the follow up. I hope that you are well and accomplishing much R&D.

In those early days, it must have been enlightening to watch Cable manufacturers develop into their own niche of our Hobby.

Happy Listening!

tomthiel.

I remember that Kimber fire hose very well. It was called Black Pearl. At the time it was the most hideously expensive (but very pretty) cable I had ever seen. 

Did some of you change the original binding posts for aftermarket ones like Mundorf gold plated pure copper ?

And would that make any difference ?

roxy - regarding speaker cables.

I've been out of the flow and the shows and the budgets to audition or live with 'serious' cables for some decades. But the first generation predecessors of those 'Black Pearls' from an 80s CES rings clear in my memory 40 years on. Also, I heard real Black Pearls in 2012 at the Thiel Listening Room when comparing CS3.7s to the newly finalized CS2.7s. The sound was the best that I've ever heard. I didn't peruse the gear, but I have found out that the Black Pearls were the speaker cables in use.