Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

jon - thanks for your perspective. I can't say I understand what the naysayers actually object to.

tomthiel

When Jim and You were developing Thiel Audio, was there a duration or time for experimenting with Silver cables? Interconnects (IC) or Speaker (SP)?

Happy Listening!

JA - during my 20 years I don't remember any silver in the mix. For one thing, 'wire' wasn't really a thing yet in the early years. And also, we had very little spare cash, and 'wire' seemed over-priced for our sensibilities. The price of silver was a bridge too far. We were exposed and traded for those Kimber super expensive and magnificent speaker cables, but at that time those were copper. I've been told the later ("Black Swan"?) version, which became one of Jim's staples, may be silver, but that was in the 2000s. The Goertz that he used to develop the 3.7 was (I think) a copper version. (Someone on this forum may know for sure.)

Short answer is that from the mid 70s to mid 90s, silver wasn't in the picture. At that time we had found the 6-9s / aerospace wire which we brought to AcoustaCoil and Straightwire, which defined our approach to wire.

tomthiel

Thank You for the follow up. I hope that you are well and accomplishing much R&D.

In those early days, it must have been enlightening to watch Cable manufacturers develop into their own niche of our Hobby.

Happy Listening!