Speakers for Michi X3?

Hello!

I’m looking for floor standing speaker suggestions for my 2.1 office room set up. The room is 12x11 ft with a 10 ft ceiling. Currently, I have the following:

- Rotel Michi X3 (Audioquest Thunder power cable)

- Rotel CD14 cd player (Audioquest Water RCA cables)

- Kef R3 on 24” stands (Audioquest X33 speaker cables)

- Rel T/9X subwoofer

I use Tidal via Roon through my iMac and Audioquest Carbon cable. I listen to jazz and RnB mostly and prefer a warmer sound. I’m happy with the sound, but thinking about the next speaker upgrade because I would like a floor standing model. I’m currently saving the funds and will likely purchase in 1 year, budget of $15-20k. I’ve auditioned a few speakers at local showrooms and the Sonus Faber Maxima Amator really stood out to me. Any other speakers I should consider? Thank you so much for your time.

wisemenofgotham

I think you would really like the monitor audio platinum 200 or 300 ll.

@wisemenofgotham ,

If you like the sound of your R 3’s, why not check out the Reference series? The Reference 1’s and your subwoofer should make you smile!

Another thought, would be to move up the AQ line and check out the Rocket 88 speaker cables. They’re what I’ve been using for about 9 months now.

All the best.

JD

Thank you for all of the suggestions.  I will be adding the Audioquest Robin Hood Zero speaker wires soon in preparation for my next speaker purchase.