Supra Cat 8 Ethernet cable

HI All

I recently purchased a Supra Cat 8 ethernet cable to replace the stock cable to my bluesound node 2i after hearing rave reviews of the Supras.  However, the Supra sounded rather bright and clinical in my system. Plus side it has a lot of details,  sounds very clear and bass prodution was pretty good but just sounded very forward and bright over my stock ethernet cable.   Am using Klipsch 6000 f speakers,  an XTZ power amp and a Freya + preamp.

I have not run in the Supra fully yet, about 7 hours. Will it get better over time? Has anyone who has used Supra to your node 2i felt the same. Or do you have a different opinion? Appreciate your views. 

ram18

@audphile1 Thank you for your detailed explanation. Yes  Class D amps are traditionally  hot sounding. The XTZ however leans to a neutral delivery. Honestly its a great steal for the price. As for my Klipschs  refrence premiere speakers they are a tad bit bright not as bright as the ones of the past that Klipschs are known for. I have a tube Schiit Freya + preamp which tones down the brightness and helps give a smoother feel.  So far with my stock 5e ethernet cable, the combo somehow  sounds warmer. 

But you are right, maybe the Supras are revealing  the true effects of the system compared to my stock ethernet cable. Sorry for a noob question. How does one ground a router. Mine does not come with screws and it is just placed on my console. 

There usually is a ground screw on the Ethernet switch. What model is it? Or are you referring to a router as a switch?

Also, I forgot to mention room acoustics. Probably most important and most neglected as we tend to focus on easy changes such as cables. This should definitely be at the top of the list. 

@audphile1  Yes  sorry I was referring to my router.  I have 3 big absorption panels on the wall opp my system. Initially, I had a carpet on the floor but the sound became too deadened. So  I removed it. The sound becomes more alive without the carpet.

3 absorption panels opposite system? Meaning they’re where, behind the listening chair?