Considering Beveridge, your opinion please.

Hi all, I resently started researching loudspeakers for a 2 channel audio system. I'm considering buying a pair of Beveridge loudspeakers, I've read extremely positive things about them, but the number one thing that attracts me is the realism they are capable of producing. They can still be found in the used market and I understand they can be refurbished to almost new condition by R. Beveridge himself, total cost should be around $2500.

Other speakers that have picked my attention are Janszen and Sanders, they both have very good reviews and have great support and warranty. Price wise they're 3-5 times the Bev.

I will appreciate your comments, first about the Beveridge, and the idea of buying into 20 year old speakers and then your opinion of the new Janszen and Sanders.

Thanks and happy holidays to all.
mjc
To those with first-hand knowledge: How are the Janszens regarding dispersion and sweet spot? Realism and soundstage?
The things that worry you are the reasons I would not buy Beveridge speakers and have them restored. While I don't have personal experience with Beveridge speakers I think your restoration budget of $2,500 sounds low. Restoring anything this old is usually full of suprises, and most of those suprises will cost you money, sometimes significant amounts.

If you said you loved Beveridge speakes, always wanted a pair, did not care about the time and money involved in restroation, I would say go for it.

I wish good fortune in your quest.
Same as Mjc, I too would appreciate seeing comments about Janszen, particularly their newest offering that retails for just under $8K per pair (f memory serves).
C1ferrari - I've spent half an hour looking for a way to send you a private message and can't find how. I'd like to talk to you about the Bevs. Could you email me at cavaleroinc at gmail dot com.

Mjc,

Okay. I'm just off to a friend's studio...he's very recently received and is evaluating a Mytek Stereo 192-DSD DAC...this should be fun and informative.

I'll contact you later upon my return. I'm on California-time, i.e., UTC -8 hours :-)

-Sam