Which pair of speakers changed your Hifi life?

*** I am not trying to create a debate or a quarrel with anyone. My discussions are purely having a talks and to express one's experiences. Also to learn fellow audio lovers passion. Please do not disrespect with hurtful words or expressions. Please be more forgiving and understanding in this discussion thread. Thank you." ***

Hopefully one day, someone would say "Mon Acoustic speakers were the turning point in my Hifi life".  😃

My 2ch-audio journey began when my uncle bought his BOSE system at his home (don't even know the model or never really heard it) in early 90s. Bose was rear and expensive in Korea(South) back then. So I started my own system with Bose Cinematics 2.1. Then moved on to Goldenear Triton 3, then to Triton 1. But more utilizing the speakers for AV set ups, not 2 ch stereo.   

When I had my first house, I bought a pair of Revel M105 speakers and I think these are the pair that really changed my audio life. My initial paring with M105 was Yamaha receiver. Then I tried goofie set up with center speaker 3.1 to see if it improves vocal in the songs I liked. We went through many combinations of system set up. I ended up with Chord Electronics set up. 

I still own them. Always struggle time to time, whether to sell them or not due to the number of pairs I own(out of a guilt). I cannot argue how many pairs of shoes my wife owns.  I pair them with NAD M10 (version 1) for my bedroom since my wife likes the warm and well rounded sound, and 80% its white design aspect. 

So what are the speakers that have impacted your life? 

128x128monacousticusa

On a whim, I purchased a pair of brand new Dali Oberon 3 from my local Amazon because it was discounted half price and paired it up to a cheap Sabaj amp. I was using a Sonos Playbase for music and movies, thought it was pretty good. But the Dali Oberon 3 made me realize how enjoyable listening to music can be. It was miles better than the Sonos and down the rabbit hole I went. They were gone and I am using a much better (and expensive) setup, but I would forever remember them. 

When I was a kid, I heard the large Klipsch corner horn (mono) system playing Marche Slave....that made me an Audiophile....the goosebumps are still there.

Mirage M5si.   These were leaps and bounds superior to anything I had prior.   I switched over to hybrid tube power which proved a great combo with these speakers.   

For me it was the discovery of planar speakers in the middle 70's.  First it was a pair of Magnaplanars..   Wow.  I was completely blown away.  once I got them set up for my room (placement and toe in).. the imaging and scale of the presentation both left to right and top to bottom,... wow.  

Maggies were the best I could afford for most of my adult life.  paired with reasonable priced electronics (lower end models of high end brands).  Then about 15 years ago I got into tubes, primarily triode designs.... and got my hands on modern Quads.  The Quad 2805 ESL speakers.  Another huuuuuge wow.  Of course it was not only the Quads.  I had gone from a total system cost of about 10-12k including everything to a system cost of about 80k,  Shindo Monbrison Pre (later upgraded to Shindo Masseto Pre), Air Tight ATM-3 mono blocs..   great turntable.  Wavelength Audio Tube DAC.. . Crimson model with the upgraded silver wiring and silver transformers.... top end end all DAC.  

But I gotta say, those Quad 2805s properly positioned in the room, driven by great electronics took my audio to an entirely new and better level.  

Had to sell most of it a few years ago due to a 'situation' our family had to deal with.  now working to rebuild a similar system over the next couple years.

So, my answer: QUAD ESL's considered by many to be 'the best' or 'one of the best speakers ever'.  .... 

I also listened to a great pair of original Quad 57's ESL's with a low power amp in a near field position.. sublime.

So again.. the QUAD ESL is the speaker that really did it for me.