MM, MC, or MI cartridge

Can somebody briefly describe the difference in the sonic characteristics of these types of cartridge, if possible?

I’ve never had a MC and I’m wondering what difference it would make.

128x128rvpiano

Dear @wolfie62  : Now I own that ADC in stock condition. I posted a thread of the ADC 26/27 original status where I made tests comparisons against top today LOMC cartridges and overall in my room/system me and the owners of the today LOMC cartridges been in agreement that that Pritchard design is just superb and could outperform any other cartridge.

I know that you prefer the 10E MKIV and is ok. I have the 26 with 3-4  replacement stylus and now that you brougth here ADC name I will send to an update with boron cantilever and maybe Shibata stylus shape or VDH and yes with the length cantilever of same dimension than the original aluminum one.

R.

Dear @slaw  : " The keyword is "try". "

I can see that thaT NO-SENSE still makes sense to you.

Please think a little:

makes sense to you to scale to the sharp end the Everest in a cycle?,. Because is " almost " the same: both a " crazy impossibilities." 

Maybe you can " try ".

R.

Greetings 

To be fair to my ears I will eventually finish refurbishing my Heybrook TT2 turntable with a Sumiko Premiere MMT  tonearm. I’ll install a Grado XTZ MI Cartridge on it.

I haven’t listened  to a MI/MM cartridge in my system in over 35+ years. I have only used MC cartridges. I’m looking forward to listening to the Grado cartridge. If I enjoy the Grado cartridge I’ll look at updating to a more current MI/MM cartridge.

My previous response was based on how cartridges sounded to me 35 years ago.

Joe Nies