Weird

I have a pair of GoldenEar Triton 1 speakers, which have built-in subwoofers. Evidently, the right subwoofer lead fell off the speaker some time ago without my knowledge. I’ve been listening for quite a while with only one subwoofer, really enjoying the sound in blissful ignorance. Everything sounded great including pieces with deep bass such as formidable organ recordings.
Today I discovered the plug out of the wall and plugged it back in. The system immediately closed up, became dull, lacking ambiance. I pulled the plug back out. Sound was wonderful. Everything sounded just right, including the bass which was full and rich.

I’m now listening without the right subwoofer for good.

Weird!

128x128rvpiano

Actually, I’m happy with the way it sounds now.

‘But I’ll call GoldenEar and hear what they have to say.

Not sure if this will make any difference, but if the passive radiators are only on one side of the cabinet you might try just switching the speakers to the other side and see what happens.  Just spitballing here. 

Just did some work on my Forte 4s. After removing the bi-wire binding post assembly, I discovered that one bass hook-up pair was wired out-of-phase at the factory. Hadn't noticed possible because my subwoofer (single) located directly behind this speaker.  

Here’s a possibility:  From the manual of my preamp

“THE LINE STAGE OF THE PV11 INVERTS PHASE OF ALL INPUTS

(including phono). If your system has an odd number of inversions, then

you must add one phase inversion. THIS IS CONVENIENTLY DONE BY

REVERSING THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE CONNECTIONS TO

YOUR SPEAKERS (be sure to reverse both channels).”

I have reversed the positive and negative as indicated. 
I wonder if the subwoofers are affected by this.