cheapest cable upgrade ever

I have recently been playing with a very cheap upgrade of signal carrying cables: Attach one or two 1.5V AAA batteries with the ‘-‘ pole in the direction of the signal’s source. Simple strapping on with electrical tape) suffices, no need to connect anything. The benefits are very audible. The weak electric field conditions the outer layer of the conductor to improve electron flow, resulting in a strong increase in transparency and dimensionality. This works particularly well on the digital cable going into the router and streamer as well as the speaker cables (on the latter ‘+’ alligns with plus and ‘-‘ with minus, i.e. two batteries per single post speaker.

At a minimum it is a low cost bit of fun

antigrunge2

Great question. Personally I believe a battery or magnet is going to be better than a carbon disc. What would/could a thin carbon disc achieve even when treated with a unique UEF compound that interacts with EM fields, other than a justification placebo effect.

@pedroeb If you have not heard them, probably best not to assume the worst about them. I have tried a huge amount of Synergistic Research’s portfolio of goods and most made an audible improvement.

Your statement is reminiscent of “bigger is better”, not that that’s what you said by any means. But this is not always the case. If that compound helps promote flow in a more optimized way despite creating a smaller electromagnetic field than a 1.5V battery, that’s all that matters.

Likewise, synergy is everything. All it takes sometimes to remove the magic from my whole system is to switch a few of the tuning bullets in my Synergistic Research cables or move my speakers a 1/4”. 

blisshifi 

I have the batteries about 2 inches away from my spade connectors that attach to my speaker binding posts...No direct contact... On my rca cables...the battery on those are a bit closer to the connectors...1 inch or less. Best bang for the buck in tweakland that I have ever come across... Strange but true!

I can understand a battery or magnet creating a magnetic field, but I struggling to know what a coated discs does.

Having said that, I have an open mind and I'd love to have a listen, but without an explanation of what it does, I have a closed wallet.

I tried this idea on both my USB cable and then my speaker cables. Tried both independently and together.  Unfortunately after extended listening it became apparent that the music was a bit too forced and constrained sounding at the same time. The tweak led to increased listener fatigue. Remove them and after about a minute the sound became more relaxed and engaging. My speaker cables are solid core copper as an FYI.